Please click HERE for a link to a video update about how the club intends to roll out activities from September. Key elements include:
- September timetable, including River Park sessions, due to be released end of this week and represents an ‘almost full’ schedule
- A return to full fees from September (direct debit reminders will be sent out over next few days) with payments taken on 1st July
- Ongoing financial review and potential for future programme changes based on unsustainable month-on-month losses
It is holiday season and I am aware many people, like myself, have managed, or are managing, to get in a change of scenery. I’m sure everyone is very aware of the highly publicised quarantine rules in place for various holiday destinations, including France and other near neighbours. We fully expect members to respect those rules and remain away from club activities for the quarantine period if those rules apply to you.
COVID Report Card
After a bit of a shaky first day or two, from what I have seen and through feedback by pool operators, we are doing reasonably well with our COVID precautions. Certainly, our in-pool activities and measures have been picked up quickly by both our lessons and squads swimmers. However, we have a few areas for improvement worthy of note:
- Stay socially distanced outside the building, whilst waiting to enter the pool and in the pool. It hasn’t happened yet but there will probably come a time as we enter the colder months where we do have a positive case and unless we are really secure in our social distancing a number of swimmers would have to quarantine.
- Use the hand gel available. This is part of our agreed risk mitigation with pool operators and they have noted some swimmers are being a little tokenistic with their hand gelling.
- Undertake your own pre-training symptom checks for you and your family. The health declaration form you originally provided is a few weeks old now so we will start being more thorough at the start of sessions asking for confirmation about your health status. I have attached a supporting document to help with this – maybe pin it somewhere visible in the house.
We will also continue to work with the coaching, teaching and volunteer COVID team to ensure we are mitigating risks as much as possible.
I just wanted to pass on the club’s best wishes to all those receiving exam results at the moment. In any usual year this would be a potentially stressful time but with the added Covid chaos you most definitely have extra sympathy and best wishes from us.
Penguins Charity Lottery
The 27th Penguins Charity Lottery has been drawn for July. This months lucky winners are:
- 1st Prize: Peter Cole (£48)
- 2nd Prize: Mark Whittaker (£28.80)
- 3rd Prize: Beverley Russell (£19.20)
Congratulations to this months lucky winners and thank you to everyone who has taken part in our lottery so far. If you would like to join next months lottery and be in with a chance to win some cash whilst helping fundraise for the club please contact us at email@example.com with the following info:
- Your Name
- Child’s Name
- Squad Name or Lesson Day
- How Many Balls – £5 each
Please remember to sign up to easy fundraising it is free for you to use and will raise lots of money for the club while you shop. Just search for Winchester City Penguins to support our cause https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk
Thanks for your support,
The Fundraising Team