The Squad Representative (SR) holds a valuable role in supporting the Squad Coaches and the Squad Members.
Reporting to: HOPS and CEO
Main responsibilities and expectations:
- Liaise with the Squad Coaches monthly, or more frequently if necessary, to keep up to date with relevant matters relating to your squad.
- Attend Squad Rep and Squad meetings as necessary (bi-monthly)
- Support communication to Squad Members about forthcoming galas, open meets, and/or social events and volunteer roles, copying all communications to the HOPS and CEO.
- Support communication to Squad Members in circumstances of cancellations or unexpected changes to squad training times when requested to by HOPS or Squad Coach.
- Answer, where appropriate, general queries from Squad Members and also know how/when to direct queries from Squad Members to the Squad Coach.
- Introduce yourself to new members of your squad.
- Help to organise parent volunteers for galas, open meets, social events and other roles within the Charity.
- Organise at least one social activity per season for the Squad and liaise with other squad reps regarding joint socials, and the organisation of a Club fundraising event, informing CEO, HOPS and HoOF before progressing with event.
- Keep up to date with the weekly notices and check Club email account regularly
The time commitment for this role is approximately 1 hour a week.
If you are keen to volunteer for any of these roles or require more information please contact Katie Thorman at firstname.lastname@example.org